Always Training. Always Learning.


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Children Are A Blessing

"Mommy you need help now?" My sons sweet little face peers around the corner "You need me to get gloves" he runs in front of me "can I put out Viowets articles?" I shake my head and try to continue training "Can I try dat?" he reaches for Violet's leash. I shake my head again and he starts to walk away. Not two minutes later I hear "Mommy need my help NOW?" I shake my head again and send Violet to get her dumbbell "I can get dumbbell faster than Violwet" he runs and takes the dumbbell out of Violets mouth as she tries complete the exercise. I send my son out of the training area only to hear "Mommy, mommy, MOOOOOOOMMY" I give in "What!" He walks over and whispers  "I need to go potty".

This banter goes on any time I attempt to train my dogs. My son is so eager to be a part of the training process that he can't contain his enthusiasm. However, it usually ends in me getting frustrated and having to end a training session before I can get anything accomplished.

To ad to this frustration I am now 7 months pregnant and it seems like baby girl knows when I start training. Her head, feet or arms always end up in the most uncomfortable places.
There is also the problem of me not being able to see my own feet or the dogs at times. It's really hard to require a straight front when all you can see is a wagging tail.

I am considering throwing in the towel until after the baby is born. That brings up a whole new set of problems. After baby girl arrives I will be sleep deprived, cranky and have a baby attached to me nearly 24/7. Don't get me wrong my husband pulls his own weight when it comes to the kids but with a full time job there is only so much he can do.

I am beginning to understand why you do not see a lot of young mothers at obedience trials.

The thing I am worried about the most is wasting Phlox's obvious talent. He has such fantastic work ethic and focus that I know with the right amount of training he could do amazing things.

Chase @ 7 months with Violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment