Always Training. Always Learning.


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Red Alert...

All hands to battle stations...er, training stations!

I sat down and entered several shows today. Phlox is entered in the Houston Kennel Club and Galveston County Kennel Club shows on March 17th and 18th. I entered him in 12-18months and I'm really hoping that it's the right class. This will be my very first time in the conformation ring. I am incredibly nervous for a few reasons
1) I can't see past my now gigantic pregnant belly
2) I can't really bend over because of my gigantic pregnant belly and
3) Every time I set out to train for the conformation ring I get bored and end up doing obedience instead.
I need to spend the next couple of weeks figuring out what exactly it is that we both need to do in order to at least not make fools out of ourselves.

I also signed Violet up for the Brazos Valley Kennel Club shows on March 31st and April 1st...In Utility!
I have been so bad about procrastinating that I know we will not be ready by then. However, I find that having a goal really gives me the push I need.
We have made a lot of progress over the last two months so maybe if we kick it into high gear we could pull off a Q, maybe.

Even a 3 year old can stack a dog better than I can.

1 comment: