Always Training. Always Learning.


Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Upcoming Show

After reviewing all of the utility exercises yesterday I decided to enter Violet in Utility at the upcoming shows.  The exercises still need some work but everything has seemed to come together. 
The most exciting part of last nights run through was the sent exercises. Violet was slightly hesitant to go to the pile but after she got there she worked it until she found the right article. I also did not use any scent on the dumbbells other than my own. 

I do not think that we will Q but I feel like Violet and I are running out of time. I want to at least go out trying  instead of spending the time we have left attempting to fix every little thing. We will be there to party in the ring :)

I also entered Charlie one day to finish his CD title. He hasn't been shown since this show last year so he is a little rusty. Luckily he loves to please mommy and he only needs work on his recall and stays. 
His stays are solid but last year I lined him up with his front feet on the matting and his butt on the very slick floor. I could see the panic in his eyes as he tried to stay up. In the end his fluffyness won out and with his back feet scrambling he slid back into a down. Since that was his last experience in the ring I want to make sure he doesn't think thats how it's suppose to be. 
His recall is fantastic until the end when he comes crashing into me. I did some work on this a little while ago and it did improve so I just need to make sure he remembers.  

Now for two weeks of show and gos and training!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will do good. And if not a party in the ring is always a fun thing. :) I can identify with Charlie's crashing ends to the recall, Joey is really bad about that. However, on our last show we just lost 1.5 points for a terrible bump, and that is definitely not enough to disqualify you. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete