Always Training. Always Learning.


Monday, September 24, 2012

I Guess He's Not So Bad

Charlie did a good job on Sunday. We were the highest scoring team in Rally-O with a 99 and first place.
Obedience was a bust Charlie went around the jump on the recall. Oh well, more training is in our future. I will be teaching him all of the jumping exercises in obedience just to make sure he really gets the idea.
I was just proud that he did all his sits and downs on the wet morning grass!








All in all it was a good experience. However it is the first time I have seen some one purposely break the rules. A man brought a tennis ball in the ring in his pocket. I thought that maybe he had just forgotten he had it until he pulled it out to play with his dog when he left the ring. He then placed it back in his pocket and went back in for stays!
Because it is a new venue for me I thought that maybe the rules were a little different. Nope. But I was not able to pull the judge a side and ask until after judging was finished. She said she wished I had mentioned it sooner. I just really didn't want to make a scene.

Now to get ready for Rally Novice and Utility. Can't wait to get Phlox into the ring and show off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment