Always Training. Always Learning.


Friday, December 30, 2011

Totally Taco

It rarely comes up but if you know me well you know that my first love will always be parrots. This is my 11 year old rescue Timneh grey, Taco.  We have been together for nearly 10 years now.


Over the years I've trained Taco to do a few behaviors on command. Unfortunately it's not a great video. I was actually training just to get him comfortable in our new house.  The camera was making him uncomfortable. 

Taco using a "tool" to scratch his own head

Learning to "shake" with out biting
One of our outings when I still clipped his wings.


Such a sweet face on such an evil bird.
Taco doesn't compete in any sports but as we keep going with his training I'll make sure to post videos of his accomplishments.

"Bye, bye I love you" - Taco

No comments:

Post a Comment