Always Training. Always Learning.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year New Goals

In the likely event that the world fails to end this year here are my goals for 2012 by dog.

Violet:
UD
UDX - Thats right it's time to get off my butt and get her working again.
High In Trial - Even if it's at the amstaff nationals.
TT - I have had a hard time finding a test in my area but I am planning on traveling this coming year and hope I will be able to find one.

Charlie:
CD
RA
Both will be easy.  I just have to make it to enough shows.

Phlox:
Ch - If I can improve my sorry handling we might just have a shot.
BN - I'm not in a rush to get him in the obedience ring but I would like to try out beginner novice.
RN
Tracking - I'm not sure if we will be ready to trial but I would like to be well on my way by the fall.
BH - I would love to get his shutzhund BH title

Badger:
CD
RA

Year end review
It has been a crazy year. Phlox certainly had his ups and downs battling Parvo and Folliculitis. He took so much time to recover that we barely met any of our training goals. He did manage to earn his STAR puppy and CGC by 5 months so what little training we did paid off.
Charlie and Violet have had to take a back seat to the new puppy and crazy schedule. Charlie did manage to earn two legs towards his CD.
Badger earned one leg towards his CD and worked through some issues that came to light at the show. He also earned his RN. I'm still very proud of his perfect score!
It's hard to believe that I only actually made it to three shows this year. Next year is a different story.  

On a non dog related note. My son turned three! It's scary how fast he is growing and how much he is learning. We also added a new member to the family a few months ago. A little parakeet named Hammie.


I hope every one out there has a safe and happy new year. I will be partying with the dogs here at Pup Scouts and hitting the sack around 10:00pm.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! NIce to meet you! You have a really neat blog! BTW -- I am going to follow you....no, not around your living room....just in Blogland! I hope we can be great friends! Have a fun and safe New Years Eve! See you next year!

    ReplyDelete